Temple Sholom – Vancouver, British Columbia
NFTY-NW Winter Social Action Kallah – January 25-27, 2019/5779
The NFTY-NW Regional Board are excited to continue with the second year of The NFTY-NW Programming Project. This project is an opportunity for individuals from our region to explore their programming skills by writing a program with an opportunity to be run at a regional event. At the upcoming Winter Social Action Kallah, the chosen program will be run by its authors for the NFTY-NW community. Here are the rules of the project:
- Writer(s) must be a current member of NFTY-NW
- Writer(s) must have attended at least one NFTY-NW event
- Writer(s) must be planning to attend NFTY-NW Winter Social Action Kallah 5779 (2019)
- The program must be written in NFTY Program Format (See Below)
- The program must be no shorter than 45 minutes and no longer than one hour
- The program must address and focus on the theme for The Programming Project (also see below)
- Participants may collaborate together on a program
- A participant may only submit one program where they are the sole writer
- The program must be submitted by the original author(s) of that program
- The program must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
The program should focus on and explore how new experiences and education can bring a community, specifically the NFTY-NW community, closer together.
Because NFTY is a North American movement, it is important to have consistency in its programming, so individuals can learn from each other’s programs. Thus, NFTY has an official Program Format in which all of its programs are written. It can be found on the NFTY website here. Here is a link to another resource that was written by Bryce Harnick, the NFTY-NW Regional Programming VP. If you have any questions about program format, please do not hesitate to reach out to Bryce at email@example.com. A sample program is also attached here.
All programs must be submitted by Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
The winner will be informed of their program selection by Sunday, January 13, 2019.
I am so excited to see the amazing work that the members of our community create. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the other members of the regional board. I encourage you to write a program even if you have never written one before because it might be exactly the program our region needs right now. All programs, even if they are not chosen, will receive feedback so this is an excellent opportunity to improve your programming skills. Happy programming!
Bryce Harnick NFTY-NW Programming Vice President and The NFTY-NW Regional Board
Download a PDF of this document here